Bursting with rich buttery garlic flavor and tender chicken thighs, this is a one pot chicken and rice dinner guaranteed to impress even the pickiest eaters!
- 6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or any other dried herbs of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add butter to a large oven-safe skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in diced onions and garlic; cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until garlic is lightly browned, stirring VERY frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Get full recipe==>>diethood.com
- Use bone-in skinless chicken thighs; with skin-on, the dish turns out very greasy. We also want to use bone-in thighs because they will cook in the same time as the rice.
- White Long Grain Rice, Basmati and Jasmine Rice all work well with this recipe.
- If you'd like to use brown rice, leave it in the oven, covered, for 45 minutes, then bake uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until rice is cooked.