Enjoy these ham cheese and spinach breakfast pies on your way out the door in the morning or even as an easy brinner option!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and rolled out
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm ham slices, chopped
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Combine the ham, ricotta, mozzarella, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the shallots and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to the bowl with the ricotta mixture.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 squares, place on the baking sheet and spoon the filling into the center of each.
- Gently fold up the sides of each square in a circular pattern pinching the creases together as you go.
- Brush each puff pastry with the beaten egg and top with a sprinkling of extra mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes before serving.